Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Migrating documents to second Hard Drive

I bought a new internal hard drive and would like to keep the original drive as a start up drive with all the applications, and migrate all my documents to the new or second hard drive.

At first I thought it would be as simple as copying all the document folders over to the new hard drive. But, then I started wondering about folder structure and the user structure.

So, I'm wondering if there is a protocol for what I want to do? Maybe a link to instructions?

Thanks

mp

I'm running OSX 10.5.8 (Mac Pro)

Mac Pro, Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Posted on Dec 15, 2011 11:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 15, 2011 11:37 AM

Not to worry. Just drag & drop the folders onto the new drive. Just as a precaution, select a few files with different apps & open the files to ensure they open. Then you can drag the corresponding folders on your old drive to the Trash. Shouldn't be a problem.

Do you have another HD, either internal or external, that you use to backup all your files? You should.

 Cheers, Tom 😉

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 15, 2011 11:37 AM in response to Marco_Polo

Not to worry. Just drag & drop the folders onto the new drive. Just as a precaution, select a few files with different apps & open the files to ensure they open. Then you can drag the corresponding folders on your old drive to the Trash. Shouldn't be a problem.

Do you have another HD, either internal or external, that you use to backup all your files? You should.

 Cheers, Tom 😉

Migrating documents to second Hard Drive

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.