Skip navigation

Media reconnection problem URGENT!

271 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: Dec 16, 2011 2:02 AM by trenino RSS
trenino Calculating status...
Currently Being Moderated
Dec 15, 2011 12:01 PM

I am in a very urgent situation.

Working on a feature length project and today after opening 2 sequences I was working on yesterday I had to relink media, because my scratch disks were not connected.

While relinking, final cut pop up says that some clips' media start & end has changed , continue with relinking or cancel. I had to continue work so I went on. Alas, now i am in front of a nightmare!

Both sequencies have been altered. In some areas the edits look the same but the content is different, in other areas cuts have been totaly removed.

please help.

Final Cut Pro 7, Mac OS X (10.7.2)
  • icadmedia Calculating status...
    Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 15, 2011 12:27 PM (in response to trenino)

Did you capture these files yourself? If you used live capture now to import into FCP and then later changed the file names in the project, the clip names in your scratch disks will not change to what you've labeled. If you capture files in the future, it's always good workflow to log and capture, naming each clip then exactly what you want so you won't have to worry about reconnecting to the wrong files.

This won't help you solve your problem quickly, but I would suggest that you close your current project. Make sure your scratch disks are connected, then open the last autosave file from yesterday. Reconnect the media files very carefully, making sure each one is the correct file. FCP notifies you that the clip media start and end has changed when you've not reconnected it to the right one.

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.