Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MainStage 2.2 on the Mac App Store includes all 6 Jam Packs

Hey,

I just bought MainStage 2.2 from the Mac App store and noticed that in-app download installs all 6 Jam Packs. This includes the settings for GarageBand, tons of sampled instrumetns and 15k Apple Loops. Works perfectly in GarageBand!

MainStage is only $29, Jam Packs used to cost $99 ea.

Store link:

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/mainstage/id459585276?mt=12

17" MacBook Pro (unibody), Mac OS X (10.6.5), Apogee Ensemble, One and Duet Audio Interfaces

Posted on Dec 15, 2011 1:01 PM

29 replies

Jan 2, 2012 4:17 AM in response to Zyriab

No, you do not have to do anything special. Mainstage installs them in exactly the same libraries that GarageBand and Logic are using. But you will have to open Mainstage at least once so that it can download the and install the loops. The installer from the App Store does not install the loops, only the app. It will download nearly 2 GB of data, so that may take some time. And you will have to log off ond log on again, for GarageBand to notice the changed Library.

Jan 2, 2012 5:32 AM in response to Zyriab

The demo songs get installed by the jam pack installer, it has been a long time since I did the install, but if I remember correctly, some were installed in Users ->Shared -> Garage Band Demo Songs, and some in the System Library:

/Library/Application Support/GarageBand/GarageBand Demo Songs/GarageBand Demo Songs/

Try to open the installer package by ctrl-clicking ands selecting "Show Package Contents".

Jan 3, 2012 2:39 AM in response to Logic Expert

Hello. I have Downloaded mainstage 2.2, opended it and closed it again. Then i opened Garageband and closed it. I tried to find the new loops and jampacks in the path described, but did not find them. To be honest, I do not know what was in Garageband initially, so I am not able to find out if some more is installed. In Users - Shared, there was nothing. Attached is a picture of what i found (or didnt find) What do I do to find out whether the loops/jampacks are installed or not. Thank you from Norway...Bibliotek means Library...

User uploaded file

Jan 3, 2012 2:46 AM in response to terjes

Sorry, the install location changed between GB versions, and I looked on an old mac: 😊 Look here:

/Library/Audio/Apple Loops/Apple/

Type the above path into the "Finder -> Go -> Go to Folder" text field and press enter.

Did MainStage show you a message that it was downloading additional content after launching MainStage? On my macs it took several hours till it had downloaded all the loops and instruments.

Jan 3, 2012 3:13 AM in response to terjes

Are these installed from original Garageband or are these new from Mainstage?

Hard to tell, you'll have to look at your Backup to be sure and to compare the dates. On my Mac the "Apple Loops for GarageBand" has a date from a time before I installed MainStage - I had those for a very long time, the "RemixTools" and "Voices" I did not have previously, and their date on thie Folder in the Loop Library is the date I installed MainStage.

MainStage 2.2 on the Mac App Store includes all 6 Jam Packs

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.