Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Itunes 10.5: It starts once, but not twice....

Hi there everybody,

I have a question, I have myself a new gaming pc, everything works, software, hardware, no problem at all.Itunes also worked perfectly, I use itunes, because I have an i Phone and, well, I just need Itunes to sync everything.

Now a few days back, my Itunes started acting up, all of a sudden it kept asking me for my password because it needed authorization for automatic downloads. Also, Itunes would boot only 1 time, not more, whenever I closed it up and needed it to boot up again, it wouldn't. After a reinstallation, I kept having these problems, so I deleted Itunes again, and deleted every Apple related directory from my pc, even within the hidden directories. I knew that this would maybe help, cause alot of programs these days don't delete everything, even if you tell them to;) It sort off helped, I don't have the problem with the password asking anymore, but still Itunes only boots once a "pc startup".

The Symptoms:

Itunes boots once, but not for a second time.

Itunes.exe and ItunesHelper.exe do show in the processes tab of the task manager.

Whenever I close these processes and I try to start Itunes, Itunes freezes on my screen as a square gray space.

Can someone please help me, cause, as sad as it sounds, I am really annoyed by having a brandnew pc, having everything work perfectlly, better than ever, and still have 1 program that doesn't work properly...Itunes.

If you need any more detail, just ask me:)

Thanks everyone!

Windows 7

Posted on Dec 15, 2011 1:39 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 15, 2011 2:34 PM

Seems like I found myself a solution with the help of some random thread I found (thank god), seems that APSdeamon, also known as ApplePush, seems to cause the prblem here. Terminate the process in the process tab, and everything works out fine again. Maybe a bit drastic, but you could also delete the .exe file and never have the problem again.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 15, 2011 2:34 PM in response to YLJansen

Seems like I found myself a solution with the help of some random thread I found (thank god), seems that APSdeamon, also known as ApplePush, seems to cause the prblem here. Terminate the process in the process tab, and everything works out fine again. Maybe a bit drastic, but you could also delete the .exe file and never have the problem again.

Itunes 10.5: It starts once, but not twice....

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.