Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Syncing iBooks And newsstand between devices

I have an iPad and iPhone and sync collections is on with both. However the books that I have on the iPad don't all show up on my iPhone. The same applies with newsstand. I bought a magazine with my iPad and it doesn't show up on the iPhone. I thought that all purchases should appear on all devices, and that I should be able to pick up reading on one where I left off on the other.

Was I wrong in this or does anyone have an idea of why they're not syncing. I only have one apple Id and one account so it's not a question of multiple accounts.

Thanks

WG

iPhone 4

Posted on Dec 15, 2011 2:52 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 15, 2011 2:59 PM

iBooks and newsstand items don't sync between devices, but you can redownload iBooks on another device or have them automatically download when you purchase on another device.

9 replies

Dec 16, 2011 5:46 AM in response to writergirl2

writergirl2 wrote:

I have an iPad and iPhone and sync collections is on with both. However the books that I have on the iPad don't all show up on my iPhone. The same applies with newsstand. I bought a magazine with my iPad and it doesn't show up on the iPhone. I thought that all purchases should appear on all devices, and that I should be able to pick up reading on one where I left off on the other.

Sorry to butt in here, but unless I'm misunderstanding, then newspapers, magazines and books will appear on all your devices UNLESS they are designed for one platform only.

For example, T3 magazine will only go to your iPad as it was only designed for that platform, but something like MacUser or PC Gamer will appear on all devices. Generally, anything that is a simple pdf version of the printed version will appear on all devices.

Similarly, any purchases on iBooks should appear on all your devices.

Syncing iBooks And newsstand between devices

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.