Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Kodak EasyShare Printer Dock Plus

I can't seem to get the Kodak EasyShare Printer Dock Plus driver to show up as a printing option when I try to add it to the printer list through the printer setup utility. The "Add" button is greyed out and there are no options in the drop down menu for the Kodak driver even though it's installed.

I have installed the printer driver, uninstalled it and installed it again as the Kodak support team suggested, but no improvement. The computer recognizes it and the camera that came with it and I can transfer photos. I was able to add my Canon i9100 to the printer list easily and print with it. I emailed Kodak again and told them that their suggestion didn't work and I haven't heard from them since...Also every time I actually print using the Canon, the Kodak EasyShare app. crashes after printing. It is the latest version 5.2.

Any help would be appreciated.

iMac 2 GHz Intel Core Duo, Mac OS X (10.4.4)

Posted on Feb 9, 2006 6:45 PM

9 replies

Feb 12, 2006 10:55 AM in response to Akasha

Yes, I downloaded the latest printer dock driver yesterday. I also downloaded the Kodak Easyshare 5.2.1 and reinstalled it just in case. I got a vague (probably automatic) reply from Kodak that basically repeated the installer instructions (referring to "Panther" even though I'm using 10.4.4). I can see the printer dock in the System Profiler, so it is connected correctly. But when I try to add the printer dock, I can see it in the Printer Browser but the driver isn't automatically selected. The "print using" drop-down menu lists a dozen or so drivers (e.g., Apple, Brother, Canon, EFI, etc.) but not Kodak. The same driver installed fine on my wife's iBook running Panther. Strange.

Apr 21, 2006 4:38 PM in response to Akasha

I've read all the replies on this discussion and downloaded the new driver (5.x). Now I see the Kodak Drivers on the drop down list but it won't let me add the Kodak EasyShare 6000. It even said "Unsupported Device".

This is what I did:

1. I installed the EasyShare Program.
2. I installed the 4.x Driver

After much frustration in wondering why the 6000 won't show up, I come to the Discussion Area (Thank GOD for Apple!) and I see there's a link to 5.x Driver. I download it, uninstall the EasyShare Program, then install 5.x Driver. I haven't even install the EasyShare program again because I want to see if the Printer Utility will at least let me select the 6000. I finally see the "Kodak Drivers" on the dropdown menu. But I see that the Printer Utility still won't let me select the 6000.

Can some Apple guru help me out here? I purposely disconnected this printer from the PC because I would rather use the Mac and I can't stand using my wife's computer.

I followed Kodak's Instructions by not connecting the 6000 until after I install the driver but that didn't do anything either. You help would be greatly appreciated.

Apr 22, 2006 6:41 AM in response to Akasha

I just purchased a Mac Mini with the 1.66 dual core intel and I am having the exact same issue. Lot's of fun uninstalling and installing the latest and greatest drivers / firmware only to not see the letters K-O-D-A-K appear in the available print drivers window.

Any additional suggestions? Also, has anyone successfully mated an EasyShare printer dock series 3 with the latest Mac Mini? It's always nice to know it has been done before so it makes the time invested feel worth it.

Thanks!

Jul 2, 2006 2:14 PM in response to Akasha

I am having the same issue. I have tried downloading the Beta version of the Kodak easy share software. It does not appear anywhere on my hard drive after installing it (twice actually). About 24 hours ago I emailed Kodak support and got an automated reply that I would have help within 24 hours. Nothing yet. Any more suggestions?

Aug 24, 2006 1:32 PM in response to Akasha

I also am havinng trouble with the Kodak driver, I got it to work with help from a person that works for kodak but the printer dose not respond after it gose to sleep here are my mac spec and the steps that did work.

MAC G4 Dual 867, OS 10.4.7, Kodak driver package 5.0.0

Mac OS 10.4.x install procedure
1. Install the driver package and connect the printer.
2. Open the Printer Setup Utility in the Utility Folder (located in the Hard drive > Applications > Utility folder).
3. Click + Add.
4. Click the More Printers button.
5. Select Kodak Printers from the drop-down menu.
6. When the driver is found and the printer appears in the Name field, select the Kodak Photo Printer 500 - XXX printer you wish to add, and click the Add button.
7. The Kodak Photo Printer 500 should now appear in your list of printers.

Kodak EasyShare Printer Dock Plus

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.