Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari slow after update to 5.1.2

Safari slow after update to 5.1.2 when launching website Safari is very slow. Deleted all preference files, same result....

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.7.2)

Posted on Dec 15, 2011 8:59 PM

8 replies

Dec 16, 2011 3:07 AM in response to Jim J. Farrell, IV

Jim...

How much free space on the startup disk? Right or control click the MacintoshHD icon. Click Get Info. In the Get Info window you will see Capacity and Available. Make sure you have a minimum of 15% free disk space.

And go to the Safari menu bar click Safari > Empty Cache. And from the menu bar again click Safari > Reset Safari. Select the top 5 buttons, click Reset.

Dec 31, 2011 6:42 AM in response to Carolyn Samit

Thanks Carolyn, don't you think it's a good idea to have AV software on a mac, given the increased popularity of Macs ? I'm a long time Mac user, and I now Windoze is the main target....but I feel a little "naked" so to speak w/o some kind of virus protection.....never heard of sophos or ClamXav, i'll have to check them out.....

Jan 29, 2012 4:03 PM in response to Mike F

You don´t know me but believe me, I have near 300 computers at work plus 25 servers, they are unix, linux and windows, also a mail and a web server. I have never seen a virus atack to a unix machine. Antivirus software like clamav are for mail servers. Don´t feel naked if you don´t use any, you don´t need it.

Safari slow after update to 5.1.2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.