Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Alert!!! Unauthorized transactions! Huge $1000!!!

There are unauthorized charges billed on my debit account last November 3, 2011. It's $1000 from itunes!!! But when I look at my purchase history it's not even there. I have cancelled the card and filed a dispute on the bank. It took them more than 30 working days of investigating before I received a letter saying that they requested itunes for supporting documents. Itunes informed them that they will receive a response January 30, 2012!!! Only a response next year?! And the bank is saying it will take up to 120 working days?! Why? I don't understand why it will take that long? Investigation will take half a year? What will I do. I already need the amount back on my account.

iPhone 4, iOS 5.0.1

Posted on Dec 16, 2011 5:52 AM

4 replies

Dec 16, 2011 12:44 PM in response to prettytin

I'm sorry for your financial loss but it's very important to read the Terms & Conditions for any software agreement before you click Agree when you download the software.

YOUR ACCOUNT

As a registered user of the iTunes Service, you may establish an account ("Account"). Don’t reveal your Account information to anyone else. You are solely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality and security of your Account and for all activities that occur on or through your Account, and you agree to immediately notify Apple of any security breach of your Account. Apple shall not be responsible for any losses arising out of the unauthorized use of your Account.

From here > iTUNES STORE - TERMS AND CONDITIONS

Tip... if you want to continue using the iTunes store, use a debit card account but keep the balance to approximately $20. That will prevent any huge losses in the future.

Dec 17, 2011 8:24 PM in response to prettytin

Hi Carolyn,

Thanks for the reply. I am very aware that I'm responsible for my itunes account and I didn't share any information to anybody. I don't even use it, that's why I got shocked when I saw the charges on my debit card. The charges are not shown in my purchase history and I didn't receive any email from itunes saying that I bought something. But the bill was from itunes.

I'm not sure how did it happen and surely, it's not only me who had this problem. Check this: http://www.pcpro.co.uk/news/security/367855/apple-under-fire-as-hacked-itunes-co mplaints-swell

I believe apple got some problem with their account security. And it's not the users problem since they are asking us to provide information of our debit/credit card before activating the product, they should be more secure! Like me, I only used my account to activate my iphone.

Thanks for the tip though, quite good. I just turned my account off, scared this will happen again.

Alert!!! Unauthorized transactions! Huge $1000!!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.