Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

doug applescripts for itunes, cannot delete

Hi

I have been pondering over a problem for ages which I just can't sort. I have three applescripts running in itunes, hidden preferences, add and subtract playcount and total playcount. All were working, until recently when I tried to access hidden preferences - it said required iTunes 8 or older (I run the very current version of everything). I went into the library and to iTunes> but the folder I had created (scripts) had disappeared - I'm not sure when this happened but I am assuming it was during the Snow Leopard update.

I can't figure it out at all. It is the main library as neither user has a library (not sure if that is right either actually but that is how it is). Today, I tried downloading the current version of hidden preferences. Now when I click the script icon, both hidden preferences work. Ideally I would like to delete and start again with the scripts.

Anyone know where I can find them? Spotlight isn't helping!

Thanks

Matt

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7), MacBook 2.0Ghz, AppTV, iPhone 4

Posted on Dec 16, 2011 8:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 16, 2011 8:50 AM

Apple have hidden the user’s Library folder to casual viewers, in an attempt to stop new Mac users screwing their machines up. To access it, in the Finder go to the ‘Go’ menu and hold down the Option (Alt) key; the Library folder will appear as a choice.

Your iTunes scripts should be in (user)/Library/iTunes/Scripts/

You can make the User Library visible permanently: open up terminal in the utilities folder and type in:

chflags nohidden /users/(yourusername)/library

(note the space before the first slash). Obviously you should insert your username (the name of your Home Folder), not in brackets.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 16, 2011 8:50 AM in response to mr_mitten

Apple have hidden the user’s Library folder to casual viewers, in an attempt to stop new Mac users screwing their machines up. To access it, in the Finder go to the ‘Go’ menu and hold down the Option (Alt) key; the Library folder will appear as a choice.

Your iTunes scripts should be in (user)/Library/iTunes/Scripts/

You can make the User Library visible permanently: open up terminal in the utilities folder and type in:

chflags nohidden /users/(yourusername)/library

(note the space before the first slash). Obviously you should insert your username (the name of your Home Folder), not in brackets.

Dec 16, 2011 9:01 AM in response to mr_mitten

Dougscripts on my computer are in my Home folder > Library > iTunes > Scripts

You can try searching for hidden files with EasyFind (free). In Lion they have hidden the user library.

http://hints.macworld.com/article.php?story=20110704093233123

http://www.tuaw.com/2011/08/25/mac-101-easily-show-the-library-folder-in-lion/

Message was edited by: Limnos to remove Snow Leopard reference (noticed the OP was using Lion)

doug applescripts for itunes, cannot delete

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.