Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

APPLE ID VERIFICATION NOT COMING TO EMAIL

iPad 2, iOS 5

Posted on Dec 16, 2011 8:53 AM

13 replies

Dec 17, 2011 12:27 PM in response to neuriva

Like said above, check your junk mail folder and be sure that it didn't get sent there.

Also, if you could give more details instead of stating the issue in all caps, then that would help us help you!

Usually, if you don't get your verification email for whatever it is that your'e doing within 24 hours, then you can email the iTunes Store at expresslane.apple.com or call AppleCare 1-800-APL-CARE ( 1800 2752273 )

Nov 30, 2012 7:58 PM in response to twotenam

I have the same problem -- no email arrives when I try to reset my password.

I'm syncing my iPhone 5 to iTunes and keep getting messages about all the content that will not sync because "not authorized."

So I try to login to my Apple ID

- password is wrong

- follow the link to reset password

- chose "send email" but no email arrives (I even check 'junk' folder to be sure)

- go back to reset password and try "Answer security questions"

- says my DoB is wrong but I'm sure DoB is correct and there's no way forward

So what is the solution? Re-purchase all the content that won't sync?

Dec 3, 2012 1:31 AM in response to NusaDua

The best solution would be to set up a callback in expresslane as twotenam suggested. The Account Security department can possibly assist you in resetting the questions if they can verify who you are. Keep in mind, that if you cannot provide the information that they request, they will not be able to help you - They are trying to keep your data and account safe for your protection.

I would also suggest that you check any email addresses you may have used in the past around the time you established your appleID. You would have had to receive the conformation email to activate the account, but it could be an email that you are not currently using (such as from an old ISP).

Dec 3, 2012 6:13 PM in response to ssschmidt

Thank you very much for taking the time to reply.

When I try to play the content iTunes automatically loads the email address associated with that content and asks for my password --so there's not doubt that I'm using the correct email address for that content.

Until today, after umpteen tries, I cannot get Apple to send a simple password reset to my email.

Thanks again

Feb 11, 2013 4:41 AM in response to maricel33

See my post above. Also, it may be that you set up a rescue email address. If you did, it would be a different email address than your AppleID email.

The rescue email address was set up so that if you were unable to recall the answers to your security questions, you could reset them yourself without a long hold waiting for Account Security.

Another issue that I encountered personally was that I mistyped my email domain. I had put xxxx@me.cpm instead of xxxx@me.com . Obviously, the emails don't arrive where they are supposed to.

Just some suggestions. Hope this helps.

Oct 8, 2013 9:01 AM in response to neuriva

I believe that the issue is mainly related to:

a) Apple accounts were the Apple ID was changed from a non-email based Apple ID (e.g. Peter) to an email based ID (e.g. Pet** @gmail.com)

b) Apple accounts that has bought music, applications using the previous non email based Apple ID

So, the Apple ID management system has difficulties to manage the Apple Accounts that has two active IDs, where the previous non email based Apple ID is recorded in several purchases in ITunes, iPhone, etc and also in iTunes Store.

These impacts all the purchases done with the previous ID that cannot be transferred to the new ID if you have removed the authorization for the previous ID before to transfer the purchases to the new email based ID using the same iTunes.

If this is the case, unfortunately:

1) Apple does not advised the customer of all these issues before to change the Apple ID

2) Apple appears not to be aware of these issues and impacts over its customers

3) Apple appears not to solve these issues of its ID management Systems

Do you have these kind of situations and issues?

How we can request to Apple to solve these issues in its ID management system ASAP?

<Email Edited by Host>

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.