Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Buying iPhone 4S in USA.Stores are empty,should I send it to the hotel?

Hi,

I'm from Brazil. I'm going to USA and I want to buy an unlocked factory iPhone 4S there. But I have seen that the physical Apple Stores doesn't have this iPhone in hands. So the alternative is to buy it from internet, putting my hotel adress. But I'm afraid because I will stay in USA only 2 weeks and the iPhone takes 2 weeks to arrive. So my question is IS THERE ANY PROBLEM BUYING MY IPHONE FROM INTERNET AND PUTTING MY HOTEL ADRESS BEFORE I ARRIVE THERE?

Thank you!

iPhone 4S

Posted on Dec 16, 2011 1:33 PM

2 replies

Dec 16, 2011 1:58 PM in response to eduardo augusto1234

There are no guarantees that an iPhone you order would arrive during your stay in the hotel. The shipping estimates you see on the Apple Store site are just that, estimates, and as we get closer and closer to Christmas, those estimates are more and more likely to be inaccurate. Also, I don't know that I would trust having an expensive electronic device that is in high demand shipped to some hotel. There's a strong possibility that it would be stolen before you ever receive it.

Another factor is that any US-sold iPhone would have to be shipped back to someone in the US to arrange for service should it evern need it.

So I would say that yes, there is almost certainly a problem with that plan. I'd suggest you just purchase an iPhone 4S in Brazil. It was officially released there today and is available to order.

Regards.

Buying iPhone 4S in USA.Stores are empty,should I send it to the hotel?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.