2 Replies Latest reply: Dec 17, 2011 3:14 PM by Evan Schoenberg
Amidabrian Level 1 (20 points)

Every time I start my iMac I get the following message "Do you want the application “Rowmote Helper.app” to accept incoming network connections?".  I have contacted the developer and unfortunately he was not able to help.  I have uninstalled the application, run Onyx maintenance software, and tried to adjust the firewall settings.  So I turned to the community to see if there is a solution for my dilema.

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.6)
  • noondaywitch Level 6 (8,135 points)

If you've uninstalled the app, you may have left a few bits behind.

Go to System Preferences > Accounts > Login items; if anything there looks like it's related, highlight the offending app and click the minus sign below the window.

If it's not in login items, look for a related file in these locations (the ~/ means your home folder);

Be very careful not to disturb anything else in those locations, particularly the System/ ones.

• Evan Schoenberg Level 1 (0 points)

I'm the developer of Rowmote Pro, for which Rowmote Helper is the helper application.

It's not fair to post that I have been unable to help.

First, the conversation with Brian is still in progress trying to figure out why his OS X firewall is continuing to prompt for permission despite him allowing the application in its System Preferences pane.

Second, Brian has not asked about uninstallation, which certainly requires nothing as complex as looking in the LaunchAgents, LaunchDaemons, or StartupItems folders.  Simply deleting Rowmote Helper.app would suffice. The Rowmote website's FAQ has an entry for uninstallation.  The direct link is here: http://www.regularrateandrhythm.com/apps/rowmote-pro/support/uninstalling-rowmot e-helper.php