Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can't drag music from library to playlists

It started to happen just before the version 10 upgrade and it's driving my crazy!!!!. I am unable to drag my music from my library to my any of my playlists. The only way I've been able to populate my playlists is by right clicking and using the copy to playlist option. I hoped that the v10 update would correct it. I read a similar posting from November, but the answer wasn't very helpful.

Mac Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.2), 8 core intel xeon

Posted on Dec 16, 2011 8:01 PM

11 replies

Dec 16, 2011 10:04 PM in response to seven orbs

Often, whenever the graphical user unterface is not responding as it should, it helps to delete the preference file of the application.

You might try to move the file ~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.iTunes.plist to the Desktop and thus force iTunes to recreate it. Warning: you will have to reset your Preferences after you do this.

• Quit iTunes if it running.
  • Reveal your user Library in the Finder: Usually the Library is hidden in Lion; to access it, select "Go" in the main Finder menu and hold down the "option key", until the Library appears in the drop down menu, then select it.
  • Navigate to ~/Library/Preferences/ and move com.apple.iTunes.plist to the Desktop.
  • Log off and log on again.
  • Restart iTunes and see what happens.

Good Luck

Léonie

Dec 19, 2011 7:39 PM in response to seven orbs

You need four steps to duplicate a playlist:

• Create a new playlist: File -> New Playlist
  • Drag the songs from the playlist you want to copy to the new playlst (or select them all at once in the old list and do File -> New Playlist from selection)
  • Then delete the old Playlist.
  • Rename the new list to the name of the old list.

If you find, that you can drag from the library to a new list, recreate all your lists like this.

Regards

Léonie

Dec 21, 2011 3:06 PM in response to léonie

I created a new playlist and initially nothing happened (as a side note I am using my wacom tablet). Then I inadvertantly pressed the button on my pen as I was dragging and I was able to drag and copy. I tried my wacom mouse and alas, it didn't work. I then used my wired mouse and it worked as well. So, it seems iTunes doesn't play well with my wacom tablet. I'll check for software updates and open a new thread concerning wacom and iTunes issues.

Thank you everyone for your assistance.

can't drag music from library to playlists

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.