Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why won't Firefox launch at all under Mac OS X 10.7?

I have just set up my new iMac by transferring all the files from my old Mac MIni. I used a Direct connect crossover ethernet cable along with the Migration Assistant software to do the file transfer. I don't seem to have any problems with my own login, but have had some problems with some issues under my Wife's login.

One of the big issues is that under her login, she cannot launch Firefox at all. A dialogue box comes up and says:

"Profile Missing. Your Firefox profile cannot be loaded. It may be missing or inaccesible."

So right away I thought this could have something to do with a corrupted or missing profile in the Firefox profile folder in the User's /Library/Application Support/Firefox/Profiles Directory or Directories somewhere. I have completely deleted the Firefox folder and tried to start over as well as transferring over the old Firefox folder from the older Mac but neither works.

I have also restarted the iMac and repaired the Permissions to see if that would help.

Anything I have attempted so far has not fixed the problem.

This problem is occuring on Firefox 3.6 and Firefox 8.0.1.

My Wife prefers to use Firefox since she can access Facebook threads in her e-mail with it working.

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7)

Posted on Dec 16, 2011 7:49 PM

6 replies

Why won't Firefox launch at all under Mac OS X 10.7?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.