Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

If I replace a low quality file with a 256kbps, will it go if I don't subscribe in a year?

So, I'm replacing all my CD rips with the iTunes matched versions (therefore higher bitrate). However, if I fail to subscribe to iTunes Match next year, or cancel my subscription or whatever, will the files still be able to be played?

I'm guessing it's yes - because they're saved to my hard drive. Just thought I'd check though....

Thanks in advance.

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.7)

Posted on Dec 17, 2011 12:54 AM

1 reply

Dec 17, 2011 8:18 AM in response to Thespenny

We're not sure what Apple is going to do with the iCloud-based items, if you don't re-subscribe. But my guess is that you will lose access to Match and thus any of the matched songs in iCloud.

However, if you take the time to delete locally / download the Matched files before your subscription expires, then you own them. They are non-DRM'd AAC files with your ID embedded in them.

If I replace a low quality file with a 256kbps, will it go if I don't subscribe in a year?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.