Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Custom Nav Bar images bigger than the limit?

I want to create a custom tab bar with my own custom images. If you use Apple's template for tab bars, you're limited to 30 x 30 pixels and 60 x 60 for each button and it can't have color. I basically want more customization because my images are bigger than that and I want my color images I made in photoshop. Does anyone know how to do that or can point me in the right direction? Surely people want to make bigger nav bars than the limited size. I'm a beginner xcoder so please explain slowly and clearly ;). Thanks for the help in advance!

iPhone 4S, iOS 5.0.1

Posted on Dec 17, 2011 4:20 AM

5 replies

Dec 17, 2011 12:53 PM in response to K T

Thanks for responding :). I actually stumbled across those pages and got frustrated and decided to post a question instead haha. They just state theories and not the actual nitty gritty code. Do you or someone else know of someone who knows how to do this and has written a tutorial with a step by step solution? There are so many smart people out there who are willing to help and I hope some knows how to do this? Please can someone help me :)?

Custom Nav Bar images bigger than the limit?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.