You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

waiting icon "in the process of being matched"

What does this mean, will this say that iTunes is going to replace that song with a matched one?

I'm a DJ and I have many edits I made myself (who differ in small ammounts from the original, mostly the intro)

who are "in the process of being matched"..

Will this say that they will be erased?

thanks for info, kinda panicing :-)

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Dec 17, 2011 6:04 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 17, 2011 6:34 AM

Waiting icon means that it is going to be uploaded.

It will play fine and will not be deleted off of your computer unless you delete it.

Just wait and be patient for it to upload. if you have a lot of waiting tracks that means that your going to have a lot of uploaded tracks. You will not be able to play these on your device until they change from waiting to uploaded.

Try not to turn it on in your device until everything is completed.

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 17, 2011 6:34 AM in response to geryd

Waiting icon means that it is going to be uploaded.

It will play fine and will not be deleted off of your computer unless you delete it.

Just wait and be patient for it to upload. if you have a lot of waiting tracks that means that your going to have a lot of uploaded tracks. You will not be able to play these on your device until they change from waiting to uploaded.

Try not to turn it on in your device until everything is completed.

Dec 17, 2011 7:08 AM in response to geryd

Yes the songs with no cloud icon means that they've been matched or uploaded. you can see the status of your songs by right clicking on the bar at the top that says name, time, plays, genre and click the one that says icloud status. Itunes does not automatically change the songs format. If you delete the song and redownload it is when itunes will change it or if the song was uploaded it will be the same as what it is.

waiting icon "in the process of being matched"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.