5 Replies Latest reply: Feb 20, 2012 7:06 AM by dede3184
David Rees Level 1 Level 1 (15 points)

I bought QT7 in 2005 & following the links in various support documents all take me to dead ends.  If I look at order history of my account it only goes back 18 months.  There is mention of "downloadable software" section in accounts but that has gone, presumably replaced by the App Store.  I am of course running Lion & want to unlock the Pro features on my MacBook Pro.

Many thanks

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.2)
  • Jon Walker Level 6 Level 6 (18,155 points)

I bought QT7 in 2005 & following the links in various support documents all take me to dead ends.  If I look at order history of my account it only goes back 18 months.  There is mention of "downloadable software" section in accounts but that has gone, presumably replaced by the App Store.

Try this log-in for your account: checkSoftwareDownloads

/___sbsstatic___/migration-images/migration-img-not-avail.png

• David Rees Level 1 Level 1 (15 points)

The link is a grand idea the only problem is that I am in the UK, so the link takes me to the US store software downloads & when I click on th link to go to the UK store it takes me to the storefront not the software downloads.  Do you know how I can amend the link to go direct tot he UK site?

• Jon Walker Level 6 Level 6 (18,155 points)

Do you know how I can amend the link to go direct tot he UK site?

Sorry, no. We have the same problem of "lost" links to the software purchase history here in the USA. Fortunatally, someone came across this link in the support area and it appears to work for purchases made here at the US online store. However, the article containing the link I posted also states the following:

Outside Canada and the United States

• If you purchased a QuickTime Pro key after 13 April 2001, contact the customer service number of The Apple Store . This number is available at the bottom of The Apple Store Web page for each region.
      • If you purchased a QuickTime Pro key from the QuickTime Web site before 13 April 2001, please consult your email or other records from that period for your key.

Here is a link to the article if you wish to read it: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT2376

Believe others have tried contacting the US Customer Service number but were told to get the information form the Downloadable Software Purchases area for their account which, as we already know, no longer works. (In fact, the Customer Service people did not seem to even know that the old links were missing form our account pages or seem concerned about looking into fixing the problem.) While I don't hold out any hopes that you will fare any better, you can give it a try and at least ask if there is a similar external URL for people in other regions. I personally would also send formal QT feedback regarding the problem.

/___sbsstatic___/migration-images/migration-img-not-avail.png

• David Rees Level 1 Level 1 (15 points)

Many thanks for the detailed response.  I will see what progress I can make.  Thanks again.

• dede3184 Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

That link worked for me in Australia - thanks a lot!