Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do you copy files from mac to usb?

i cant copy my pictures here on my mac to my usb .. i'm a new mac user and i cant seem to figure it out. 😟

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.2)

Posted on Dec 17, 2011 6:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 17, 2011 6:41 AM

Open Finder and Use either the keyboard shortcuts to copy and then paste or you can drap and drop them to the USB stick. To use the keyboard select the files you want to copy then hit Command+C and then highlight the USB stick and hit Command+V.

Or you can Drag and Drop them onto the USB stick. Same thing Highlight them in a Finder window then just click on that groupd of files and drag them to the USB stick in the left hand pane.

Basically just what you would do in Windows, although the keyboard shortcut is slightly different.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 17, 2011 6:41 AM in response to krabbypattyc

Open Finder and Use either the keyboard shortcuts to copy and then paste or you can drap and drop them to the USB stick. To use the keyboard select the files you want to copy then hit Command+C and then highlight the USB stick and hit Command+V.

Or you can Drag and Drop them onto the USB stick. Same thing Highlight them in a Finder window then just click on that groupd of files and drag them to the USB stick in the left hand pane.

Basically just what you would do in Windows, although the keyboard shortcut is slightly different.

Dec 17, 2011 6:42 AM in response to krabbypattyc

Go in Finder to the folder that holds your pictures.

Select the ones you want to copy to USB. Drag those to the USB "name" in the lower left part (sidebar) under DEVICES. Drop the pictures on the USB identifier. The pictures will be copied to your USB main folder.

If you want to copy the pictures to a folder on the USB device, you can open a second Finder window, showing the USB contents. Go to the USB folder where you want the pictures to go. Then drag and drop your pictures from the folder on your harddisk to the folder on your USB device. Your pictures will be copied to the USB folder.

how do you copy files from mac to usb?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.