11 Replies Latest reply: Dec 19, 2011 1:07 AM by Ast A. Moore
Tony Barone Level 2 Level 2 (220 points)

10.0.2 Still has the same problem with title bubbles.  They may not revert to a "default font" but they randomly default back to saying "Title" instead of whatever was typed into them.

What a piece of crap FCPX is.

Mac Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.2), Early 2008 Quad 2.8Ghz, 14 GB Ram
  • 1. Re: 10.0.2 Update - Doesn't Fix Titles
    Pancenter Level 5 Level 5 (7,640 points)

What's most amazing is the Apple engineers can't fix this.

Add to this a faulty auto-save function that randomly loses data and you have a piece of software that pro-sumer's can't trust (to say nothing of professionals). Seems like it would have been prudent to extensively beta test FCPX before releasing. I guess Apple care about using it's loyal user base to beta test, much cheaper in the long run. They know most people aren't going to look elsewhere.

• 2. Re: 10.0.2 Update - Doesn't Fix Titles
    Henri.R Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

I dont't think FCPX is a piece of crap, on the contrary I would say, but I must admit to struggle a lot with those disappearing titles. I make my titles very carefully, mostly with animation, and I still see them randomly disappear, also after this update!

Apple please, repair this bug as soon as possible, I want to spend my time in a better way....

Henri.

• 3. Re: 10.0.2 Update - Doesn't Fix Titles
    Tom Wolsky Level 10 Level 10 (106,180 points)

Is this a project started in 10.0.2?

Please report this to feedback. The more who report with exact details the more something will get done.

• 4. Re: 10.0.2 Update - Doesn't Fix Titles

Yes Tom, I have all FCPX stuff updated, but I'm still working with Snowleopard...

regards,

Henri.

• 5. Re: 10.0.2 Update - Doesn't Fix Titles

I didn't question whether you had all the updates. The question was did you start the project in 10.0.2, or was the project started in an earlier version?

• 6. Re: 10.0.2 Update - Doesn't Fix Titles

The 3 different projects are started in 10.0.1 ànd in 10.0.2, that's why I said: the problem is still there.

As being a newby on this forum: how do I report to feedback?

Henri.

• 7. Re: 10.0.2 Update - Doesn't Fix Titles

The easiest way to access feedback is from the Final Cut Pro menu in the application.

• 8. Re: 10.0.2 Update - Doesn't Fix Titles
    anthony41 Level 1 Level 1 (20 points)

Have talked about this in the past and my experience up to now has been that projects started in 10.0.2 were ok. Not true anymore. Had one today where titles revert to default. The default can be the title or substitle line or the postion you left the title can go back to where the default postion is located. Seems to be limited to one title in project, but just as a test, quit several times and get various results. One occasion both title and subtitles defaulted, had one each and one where only the position switched. MacPro, 4 core, 16gb memory, working with Panasonic TM700 footage.

• 9. Re: 10.0.2 Update - Doesn't Fix Titles

Stick it all in feedback.

• 10. Re: 10.0.2 Update - Doesn't Fix Titles
    Claude Lyneis Level 1 Level 1 (10 points)

Another problem with FCPX and titles: When I use the scrolling "credits" title maker and then export it as either a DVD or Blu-Ray, it puts  a single frame from the middle of the scroll at the beginning of the title scroll on playback of the DVD.    It is not there on a quicktime file such as for Apple TV and it does not appear in the FCPX timeline.  This is a new project using 10.02, Lion, etc.  Spent many hours rerendering, etc to no avail.  I was using the compressor that resides in FCPX, not the add on $50 version, if that makes a difference.

• 11. Re: 10.0.2 Update - Doesn't Fix Titles
    Ast A. Moore Level 4 Level 4 (1,565 points)

The bug occurs in some titles but not others. I have sucessfully managed to work around the issue by replacing several instances of Fade (from Build In/Out > Photo Album) with Centered (from Build In/Out) or Custom.

Create a "proving grounds" project, and load a few titles into it. Modify them and then quit and relaunch Final Cut to see which titles revert (or otherwise get mangled) and which don't.