Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AT&T 2-Wire and AirPort Extreme Slow

I had AT&T U-Verse installed almost a week ago and with the install came a new Modem/Router. I already have my Extreme so I turned the 2-Wire Wireless off and connected the Extreme to it using Bridge Mode. Easy. BUT the speeds on my iPhone 4 are completely slow (around 0.95 Mbps to 1.5 Mbps)! I should be getting around 12 Mbps down. I've noticed though that if my iPhone connects to the 2-Wire Wireless Network, speeds improve by 8 Mbps. Anyone have any ideas? I'll take anything 😁

Also please note:

2 Macs on the AirPort Extreme connected to the 5 Ghz network get the 12 Mbps down at all times. So something to do with the 2.5 Ghz I guess... 😕

PS

I never had any problems with this sort of thing on TWC. Speeds were fine all the time on both Bands (And I do understand that the TWC modem was not a Router too).

Early 2011 AirPort Extreme-OTHER

Posted on Dec 17, 2011 8:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 17, 2011 10:30 AM

You may want to try adjusting the Ethernet connection at either or both the 2-Wire and AEBSn to see if you have the optimal settings between them.

For the AEBSn, you would use the AirPort Utility and adjust the "Ethernet WAN Port" setting that is located on the Internet Connection tab of the utility. By default it is set to "Automatic (Default)." I would suggest trying the "1000 Mbps/Full Duplex" setting instead.

You will want to find the similar setting for the 2-Wire router assuming it has Gigabit Ethernet ports.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 17, 2011 10:30 AM in response to Spongeman1022

You may want to try adjusting the Ethernet connection at either or both the 2-Wire and AEBSn to see if you have the optimal settings between them.

For the AEBSn, you would use the AirPort Utility and adjust the "Ethernet WAN Port" setting that is located on the Internet Connection tab of the utility. By default it is set to "Automatic (Default)." I would suggest trying the "1000 Mbps/Full Duplex" setting instead.

You will want to find the similar setting for the 2-Wire router assuming it has Gigabit Ethernet ports.

AT&T 2-Wire and AirPort Extreme Slow

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.