Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Songs not eligible for iTunes match cannot be synced to iPhone

I've noticed that songs not eligible for iTunes match (because bit-rate is too low, etc) cannot be synced to an iPhone (if iTunes Matched is switched on in settings). Has anyone else noticed this problem? It's got me quite annoyed. There is now quite a bit of my music that I cannot sync to my iPhone. The only way I can sync it is to switch off iTunes Match, which kinda makes me wonder why I should even have it. If Apple does not offer a work around I will be asking for a refund.

iPhone 4S, iOS 5.0.1

Posted on Dec 17, 2011 5:46 PM

10 replies

Dec 17, 2011 6:30 PM in response to robertfromtooting

There is a work around for this issue:

1. Create a smart playlist, match the following rule icloud status is ineledgiable.

2. Click edit select all in the menu bar

3. Click Advanced in the menu bar and select: Create AAC version

4. The newly created AAC versions will now be eligable to match

The only downside to this is that the date added will be changed to the current date all other metadata i.e playcount remains intact.

Hope this helps

P.S

There is a setting in iTunes, if you click on your iDevice in the sidebar select summary and tick the box "convert higher bit rate songs to 128kbps"

Dec 17, 2011 7:12 PM in response to robertfromtooting

1.Go to file in the iTunes menu bar and select New smart playlist you will see this window open:

User uploaded file

2.Click on the tabs below "match the following rule" to match above.

This will create an "untiltiled" playlist in the iTunes sidebar: User uploaded file

3.Click on this and then on the iTunes menu bar select: edit, and then: sellect all.

4. Click on advanced in the iTunes menu bar, and select create AAC version.

5. Once the files have been converted to AAC the will match.

Dec 29, 2011 5:48 PM in response to jkincart

If you chose to create an AAC, you end up with a copy of the original. I don't know how you are viewing things in iTunes, but basically unless you've removed the original, there should be two versions of the same track. If you highlight a track, then select create an AAC, you should in the title bar see it do its thing and then a second version should show up in iTunes next to the original track you still have highlighted.

Songs not eligible for iTunes match cannot be synced to iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.