Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I make the finder bar 'hide' in SL?

Since I upgraded to snow leopard the top bar doesn't "hide" when I'm using media anymore! This used to be automatic.

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Dec 18, 2011 1:13 AM

4 replies

Dec 18, 2011 3:06 AM in response to Windowstarr

I think you guys are not talking about the same thing: you Windowstarr are talking about the menu bar on top of the screen, where you can see which application is in the foreground, your Wifi icon and the like; X423424X, on the other hand, is talking about the actual top bar in any Finder window, and in effect, you Windowstarr mentioned the Finder in your first post.

Bottom line is, to see a video in fullscreen with any video application, just type Command/Apple-F, and your video will take up all the real estate available. Press Esc to get back to normal.

(The chicklet mentioned by X423424X is the little, well, chicklet in the top right corner of any Finder window, that will let you togglet the top bar on and off:)

User uploaded file

How do I make the finder bar 'hide' in SL?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.