You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to activate iphone 3g with iOS 5?

how to activate iphone 3g with iOS 5? because it only show iphone on screen (wallpaper) & slide to set up.. please i need help..

Posted on Dec 18, 2011 4:06 AM

13 replies

Dec 18, 2011 4:21 AM in response to kesia099

Try these steps...

-Remove the SIM card.

-Verify that the SIM card is not damaged or dirty, then reinstall the SIM card.

-Try turning iPhone off and then on again.

-Wait approximately two minutes, then see if iPhone detects the SIM card and if it will register on the network.

-If that doesn't work, try another SIM card for that carrier, if possible, to see if it is detected.

-If the message still exists, please go to: apple.com/support/iphone/service/faq/ for information on service.

You may need to restore your phone... http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1414

Dec 18, 2011 4:50 AM in response to kesia099

It's free to go to the Apple store and have them take a look at the phone...and where this issue was caused soley by the update to ios 5 you may not even have to pay for a replacement. you could always call 1-800-MY-IPHONE and see if there's a fix for it, or what they can do to you. You've not done anything wrong, all you did was install an update. Don't worry about getting scolded, this isn't your fault =]

Dec 18, 2011 5:10 AM in response to kesia099

Make your first step calling Tech Support...if you live in the US the number is 1-800-My-Iphone. Tell them what is going on and all that you've done to resolve the issue, see what they can do for you. they may be able to get you set up for a replacement over the phone. if you go to an apple store, theyll have a look at the phone and determine if its an issue with the phone caused by the update...but id call tech support first if i was you

how to activate iphone 3g with iOS 5?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.