Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Console.app showing 18/12/2011 19:38:28 com.apple.launchd.peruser.502[155] (com.zeobit.MacKeeper.Helper) Throttling respawn: Will start in 10 seconds

So, i was looking around in my Console.app after three system crashes (which is another question i have, my 2010 MBP keeps completely locking up whenever i go to wish my uncle a happy birthday on Facebook[Safari 5.1.2])

And i notice this entry coming up every 10 seconds:
18/12/2011 19:38:28 com.apple.launchd.peruser.502[155] (com.zeobit.MacKeeper.Helper) Throttling respawn: Will start in 10 seconds

I had MacKeeper installed a long time ago, in my naive months when i first got my MBP, and i saw how bad it was. I deleted the app using AppZapper, trashed all the .com and .plist files etc. etc., but this entry is (and maybe has been for a long time) still coming up.

Can anyone shed some light?

It says PID was 162 at one point, looked in activity monitor for process PID 162, as you guessed, nothing.

What do, internet?

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Dec 18, 2011 12:22 PM

2 replies

Dec 18, 2011 1:22 PM in response to Enzokj01

That's the trouble with these uninstall apps, they generally cannot be guaranteed to uninsall everything a app can create.

Look in these following places for anything that might be related to mackeeper:

your login items

~/Library/LaunchAgents

/Library/LaunchAgents

/Library/LaunchDaemons

/Library/StartupItems

If you find obvious mackeeper items toss in the trash and reboot. If you are not sure post the items here.

I'm guessing there's a com.zeobit.MacKeeper.Helper in the LaunchAgents or LaunchDaemons.

Dec 19, 2011 4:58 AM in response to X423424X

I've done all of this already. AppZapper deletes all files related to the App you're deleting, so it's done that, then i manually went through every folder and trashed everything related.

I've looked through Library a thousand times, the system one on Macintosh HD and users/'myuser"

There's nothing there at all, i've even enabled hidden folders and items.

Nada.

I need something to be able to see the activity in the console and pinpoint all files pertaining to the entry.

Is there anything like that?

Console.app showing 18/12/2011 19:38:28 com.apple.launchd.peruser.502[155] (com.zeobit.MacKeeper.Helper) Throttling respawn: Will start in 10 seconds

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.