Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac Mail - Can I make emails in smart mailboxes not show in my inbox?

Hi,

I am running several mail accounts on mac mail. I just set up a bunch of smart mailboxes which are working but the emails in those smart mailboxes are still showing up in my inbox? I thought the purpose if mailboxes (smart or not) was to reduce your inbox volume?

Does Lion or any other 3rd party mail apps do this? Thanks.

OK sorry forum and Apple bandwidth and Storage..ha I didn't look hard enough at the forum...found my answer which is to create regular mailbox and set up a rule. Message was edited by: davidgisme

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.7)

Posted on Dec 19, 2011 8:38 AM

1 reply

Dec 19, 2011 11:55 AM in response to davidgisme

Smart Mailboxes do not remove mail from where they are stored. They only serve to help you to organize and find spefific criteria quickly. They don't perform actions.

If you want to move messages, you could try creating mail rules to perform actions, such as moving messages. You will have to look to see if rules support the criteria you're looking for. Mail/ Account Preferences/ Rules

Mac Mail - Can I make emails in smart mailboxes not show in my inbox?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.