Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Duplicated albums appear ONLY on iPhone after iTunes Match

Hello,

Since subcribing to itunes match and syncing my iPhone 4s to it, I found that Compilation Albums are causing a major headache.....

Just to state, they have the same album name, album artist, and are checked as being a compilation. Each song does have a different main artist tho.

So in Album list view on the iphone, some of these compilation albums appear once, while others twice. All of those albums, however, appear 10-12 times in the album cover flow view - one cover per song that exists on the album. Wehni press to view the track list on any of those covers, all tracks on the album are displayed.

Any tipe on how to remedy this? Apple support told me to delete those albums from itunes match and re upload them..... looking for a different solution if possible!

Thanks

iPhone 4S, iOS 5.0.1

Posted on Dec 19, 2011 10:22 AM

2 replies

Dec 24, 2011 12:06 PM in response to avfan

Here is the solution:

Go to your iTunes library select all (CMD+A , CTRL+A) then right click and choose "Get info".

Now you should get the "Multiple Item Information" window, at the top of the window choose the "Option" tab.

Put a tick near "Part of a compilation" and choose "No" from the drop down menu.

Now click OK at the bottom of the window.

That will fix your problem. 🙂

Duplicated albums appear ONLY on iPhone after iTunes Match

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.