Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Air 2011: Trash is full

Hello,

I'm from germany so my english isn't the best. I bought a new MacBook Air in an Apple Store and the trash is full, there is one folder in it wich is named "Recovered files #1" and in it are two other empty folders. But if i click empty trash it doesn't delete it. There is just a window with the title "Empty trash" and a progress bar, but this bar doesn't progress. After two hours the same, the bar is at the same place. I reinstalled OS X Lion but it doesnt helped.

Please help me.

Greetings
Alexander

MacBook Air, Mac OS X (10.7.2)

Posted on Dec 19, 2011 11:43 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 19, 2011 12:53 PM

Alexander,

You did a wipe of the OS and clean reinstall and it didn't empty the trash? Did it make you go through the whole process of creating a new user account as well and even when you did that there was still contents in the trash? If after reinstalling the OS it just took you back into your same user account then that would make more sense. Reinstalling the OS wouldn't have had any bearing on the trash.

Using Terminal with this command should also empty the trash -

rm -rf ~/.Trash/*

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 19, 2011 12:53 PM in response to AlexanderK_1234

Alexander,

You did a wipe of the OS and clean reinstall and it didn't empty the trash? Did it make you go through the whole process of creating a new user account as well and even when you did that there was still contents in the trash? If after reinstalling the OS it just took you back into your same user account then that would make more sense. Reinstalling the OS wouldn't have had any bearing on the trash.

Using Terminal with this command should also empty the trash -

rm -rf ~/.Trash/*

MacBook Air 2011: Trash is full

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.