Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Trouble installing Adobe Flash Player version 11.1.102.55 on my Mac

CBS tells me that I have to install the latest flash player, Adobe Flash Player version 11.1.102.55 On my Mac that has Mac OS X Version 10.6.8. I have uninstalled the previous version, andI have tried numerous times to install it, with no success numerous times. I followed the instructions and prompts. Can some one help me?

Mac Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8), Mail icon not highlighted

Posted on Dec 19, 2011 12:46 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 19, 2011 1:20 PM

If you are using Safari to view the CBS site, go to the Safari menu bar click Safari > Empty Cache. Try a video. If that doesn't help, go back to the menu bar, click Safari > Reset Safari. Select the top 5 buttons click Reset, try again.

You can also try deleting Flash cookies > Flush.app – Flash Cookie Removal Tool For OS X | MacHacks.TV

If that doesn't help, try deleting CBS related cookies. Back to the Safari menu bar click Safari > Preferences then select the Privacy tab.

Click: Details

Type CBS in the search field top right corner of the window then click Remove All > Done.

Quit then relaunch Safari. Try a video on the CBS site.

If you are running an earlier version of Safari you may need to click the Security tab instead of Privacy.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 19, 2011 1:20 PM in response to NJMLEM

If you are using Safari to view the CBS site, go to the Safari menu bar click Safari > Empty Cache. Try a video. If that doesn't help, go back to the menu bar, click Safari > Reset Safari. Select the top 5 buttons click Reset, try again.

You can also try deleting Flash cookies > Flush.app – Flash Cookie Removal Tool For OS X | MacHacks.TV

If that doesn't help, try deleting CBS related cookies. Back to the Safari menu bar click Safari > Preferences then select the Privacy tab.

Click: Details

Type CBS in the search field top right corner of the window then click Remove All > Done.

Quit then relaunch Safari. Try a video on the CBS site.

If you are running an earlier version of Safari you may need to click the Security tab instead of Privacy.

Trouble installing Adobe Flash Player version 11.1.102.55 on my Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.