Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Moving Photo/Movie gallary from Mobile me to icloud then sending pics to icloud from iphoto?

Hi,

I was/am a mobileme subscriber and have many photo albums and movies in my mobileme gallery.

I have a couple of questions:

- How do I transfer my existing photo/movie gallery from mobileme to icloud?

- How do I setup my iphoto 11 to send photos to icloud from the share button in the bottom RH corner? It still has share with mobileme in the selctions and when I try to share it fails?

Thanks,

Steve.

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.2), 16G of RAM, Pegasus R4

Posted on Dec 19, 2011 3:41 PM

2 replies

Dec 19, 2011 9:19 PM in response to Steve McRea

What happens to the pictures that I’ve posted to my MobileMe Gallery?

You can continue using MobileMe Gallery through June 30, 2012, even after moving to iCloud. You should save copies of all photos published to your Gallery before that date. If you have a Mac, it is likely that most of your Gallery photos are already in iPhoto. If not, you can sync the Gallery photos to your iPhoto library. You can also download your photos and movies from the web. Please read this article for details.

From here > Apple - MobileMe - MobileMe transition and iCloud

How do I setup my iphoto 11 to send photos to icloud

With iCloud setup your Mac, open System Preferences > iCloud. Make sure Photo Stream is selected.

iCloud support articles:

iCloud: How to back up iCloud data

Learn how to set up iCloud on all your devices

iCloud: Managing your iCloud storage

Dec 19, 2011 11:39 PM in response to Steve McRea

Steve McRea wrote:

You need to be quite clear about this: iCloud does not provide a Gallery. PhotoStream is a conduit for enabling photos taken on or added to one Mac or device to be transferred automatically to the others: it does not provide online access or permanent storage (photos are deleted after 30 days on the assumption that the transfers have had time to take place) and there is no provision whatever for other people to view your photos.

If that's what you want, fine, but if you want an equivalent to Gallery, with permanent online storage and the facility for others to view it, you will need to look for a third-party solution. This page examines some options:

http://rfwilmut.net/migrate4

Moving Photo/Movie gallary from Mobile me to icloud then sending pics to icloud from iphoto?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.