Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud calendar invitations not working (sending or receiving)

I am no longer able to send or receive calendar invitations to iCloud users, and based on browsing the support communities it looks like I am not alone with this issue...

I can create calendar events from any iCloud device and the event syncs fine between all my iCloud devices. However, if I try to invite another iCloud user to an event, he/she does not receive any invite (non iCloud users seem to get email invitations). It makes no difference whether I make the event on my phone, ipad, or computer. Moreover, when another iCloud user sends me an iCal invite, I receive it as an email, not as a notification through my iphone/ipad/or in iCal on my mac.

Everything was working fine until a couple weeks ago. As far as I know, I made zero changes. Everything just stopped working. My primary email address for iCloud is a gmail address. The settings on the icloud-calendar website are checked to "use iCloud for incoming invitations". Checking the apple support communities, it seems like this is a widespread issue.

Responses would be highly appreciated. The lack of any customer support and/or recognition of this issue is very disappointing.

iPhone 4S, iPad2, mac, iCloud-OTHER, Mac OS X (10.7.2)

Posted on Dec 19, 2011 4:15 PM

68 replies

Dec 19, 2011 9:39 PM in response to RafRitz

I spent about 2 hours on the phone w/ apple support this evening (call got escalated twice). Although they were friendly and tried their best to help, there wasn't anything close to a resolution to the issue. Most of the call was spent trying to expain the issue to them - and to be quite honest I'm still not sure that they understood the root of the problem. Nonetheless, one of the upper level techs is looking into the issue more and getting back to me in a few days. I'll share anything I hear...

In the meantime, I would encourage anyone who is having the same (or similar) issue to respond to this post wiht a description, but also call apple and report your issue. The tech service reps all said they were unaware of any issues with the calendar invitations within iCloud, which seems kinda odd since there are a bunch of posts about it on this forum. Until they hear more people complain about this, I wouldn't expect many resources spending time to fix it...

Dec 20, 2011 10:33 AM in response to RafRitz

I've had the same issue and called and reported it to Apple. They suggested turning off the calendar setting in iCloud on the iPhone (which will delete if from your iPhone) and then re-enabling (which will re-sync back from the cloud). They suggest doing this on both the sender's and receiving person's iPhone.

Not sure yet if it will solve the issue because I don't have my wife's phone with me (she was the invitation recipient).

Jan 2, 2012 3:19 AM in response to RafRitz

Same problem here.

My gmail account (associated with my iCloud ID) used to receive push notifications / calender invites just fine. Now when an invite is sent to my gmail address it gets delivered as an email not a notification, sent to my icloud address gets delivererd through a push notification.

I only have iCloud setup as my calendar, there is no Google calender active, nor was it when notifications were working...

I made no changes that I am aware of and it just stopped working properly...

Jan 4, 2012 8:33 AM in response to RafRitz

Absolut the Same issue. My iCloud Invitationen will mit be recieved by other icloud Users. Under mobile me it worked. Also in the First Weeks of iCloud it worked. The invites are Not delivered. Not as Email and also Not in the calender. Its device independent. Same error on iPhone 4, iPhone 4s, Mac Pro with Lion or over icloud.com. Seems that the hole service is brocken.

Jan 4, 2012 5:03 PM in response to RafRitz

I'm having the same problem - iCloud will not send or receive invitations in any circumstances and there doesn't seem to be any hint from Apple as to the problem or how to solve it. My @me apple email account with receive the email invites (from users of iCloud, mobile me and exchange) but they never appear as alerts/invitations in the iCloud web interface, on my iphone or on my ipad. Regretting the migration to iCloud.

Jan 4, 2012 7:51 PM in response to RafRitz

All- I resolved my issue with a very quick fix. I was put through to a Tier 2 apple tech via phone, who suggested as a last resort to delete my iCloud off of my iPad. To do so I went into settings>iCloud>delete account and then restarted my iPad. I then went back to settings>iCloud and re-entered my user login and password.

While I only did this on my iPad, both my iPhone and iCloud.com calendar invitations were fixed. This problem was very frustrating and I hope that this fix will work for you all too!! Good luck!

iCloud calendar invitations not working (sending or receiving)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.