Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

UserEventAgent process at 100% after plugging in a Fierce Laser Gaming Mouse V.2

I have seen that after plugging in this particular mouse (Fierce Laser Gaming V.2 mouse made by Rude Gameware) into my Macbook pro (running Lion) or my Mac Mini (running Snow Leopard) the computer becomes extremely slow. The mouse cursor responds (slowly) when i move the mouse. When it is plugged in, the mac's see the mouse as a keyboard and ask for me to identify the keyboard type. Since it is not a keyboard, I closed the window. As soon as i do this, the UserEventAgent process shoots up to 100%. Even after unplugging the mouse, the process still stays at 100%.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to fix this error/bug?

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.2)

Posted on Dec 19, 2011 7:53 PM

1 reply

Dec 19, 2011 8:37 PM in response to esagamer

The mouse needs a driver (software), which, if it exists for the Mac, is available from the manufacturer. I've never heard of the device and I'd be surprised if there was a Mac driver for it. Failing that, you could try something like "USB Overdrive" or "SteerMouse," which are generic USB mouse drivers. Like all third-party drivers, they have the potential to cause system instability.

UserEventAgent process at 100% after plugging in a Fierce Laser Gaming Mouse V.2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.