Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple's "FLASH KILLER" App

Will Apple (or someone) please make a Flash killer? Just as Final Cut Pro was a breathe of fresh air to the nonsense of Avid & Premiere, we need a simliar thing to happen to Adobe Flash.

FLASH KILLER APP

- A vector brush tool that's not like drawing with a tube of toothpaste. Professional content requires professional tools.

- The ability both import and export between other applications & common formats seamlessly.

- Ability to import and export layered files (PSD/TIF) between other apps, including layers within nested timelines.

Most workflows are circular with other apps, not linear.

( http://web.me.com/jedoralive/techSupport/NESTING_FOLDERS.html )

- HTML5 and SWF compatibility

- An artist friendly interface (What pages was to MSword)

- 3D compatibility

- An artist friendly coding language (this is one of the only things Adobe Flash has gotten right).

- Image Frame mode (option to see images in frames).

- Storyboard Frames View mode (Ability to turn your timeline into a full screen storyboard. Can drag and drop frames where desired. Great for brainstorming and sketching something out beforehand, then stepping back to look at it during creation. Toggleable Timeline < > Storyboard Views. *Could add a slider to adjust how many frames it counts before making a new storyboard preview.

- Smart Libary Pasting. In Flash you either get to keep the existing symbols, or replace them with new ones when pasting from one doc to another. In my experience, when you paste something you often want BOTH things in there. I'd definitely include that very basic option.

Anyone else? What do you wish Flash could do?

Posted on Dec 19, 2011 10:28 PM

1 reply

Apple's "FLASH KILLER" App

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.