Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBookPro 8,2 / distorted Video / AMD Radeon HD 6750M

Hello

I have a MacBookPro Early 2011. I got some pixel failures in my Finder bar:

screenshot: defect pixels in video memory

User uploaded file

I lost my first macbook pro thru the ATI X1600 issue, also discussed here. No interest in living thru that again.

do you have any idea what to do now?

thx for your time

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.5.5)

Posted on Dec 20, 2011 3:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 4, 2012 4:20 AM

Yo can try with gfxCardStatus[1]: disable the dynamic switch videocard selector and force to use the integrated for instance just when you are using the battery.

[1]http://codykrieger.com/gfxCardStatus

3 replies

Jul 4, 2012 4:38 AM in response to macuser128

Do the black pixels (as seen on your screen shot) only show up in the Finder windows and at the same spot?

Are you really running OSX 10.5.5 as your profile reads? You should have gotten Lion (or Snow Leopard, at least) when you bought your 2011 machine.

If it's in Finder windows only it's likely a system glitch and a reinstall might be called for.

Let us know...

Clinton

Jul 4, 2012 4:49 AM in response to clintonfrombirmingham

Hey thx for the reply

at first, i have a up to date 10.7.4 installed, forgot to update the profile.

In the meantime i was in the apple store. They suggested to send the MBP in for 1 up to 3 weeks for testing. After deciding this as a inacteptable solution i went to a Apple Authorized Dealer, explained and showed the same problem to them and got my Mainboard replaced in 30 Minutes for free because of Apple Care.

The Apple Authorized Dealer also told me this problem is known, some of the ATI cards are crap. But instead of talking sensless stuff, like the people in the Apple Store, they helped me.

now everything works fine.

how to Fix:

Answer: let apple switch the Mainboard

@clintonfrombirmingham: Do the black pixels (as seen on your screen shot) only show up in the Finder windows and at the same spot?

Answer: no, but primarily, but i saw them also at the screenlock window and some other windows

@adolfofromden haag: Yo can try with gfxCardStatus[1]: disable the dynamic switch videocard selector and force to use the integrated for instance just when you are using the battery.

Answer: yes, using only the integrated gfx, fixes the errors

MacBookPro 8,2 / distorted Video / AMD Radeon HD 6750M

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.