Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Multiple iCloud issues

I have a MacBook Pro (Early 2011) & an iPhone 4 & have been (trying) to use iCloud since it launched earlier this year. However I have been having some issues that I hope this thread would help get resolved. Some of these issues popped up as recently as a couple of days ago (Saturday).

1. Mail. I do not get notifications of emails through the Mail app unless I launch the app & wait for it to load up there. Not all the time this is so though. Sometimes they pop up if I get a wifi connection (when I wasn't using any internet connection just prior), reboot the phone, or just randomly when I get notified of emails, some of which came at least an hour prior.
  2. Bookmarks. I use Google Chrome as my primary browser, but sync my bookmarks using Xmarks for both browsers. I do check Safari to see if the bookmarks are synced properly & they are but, they never show up on the iPhone. I have tried at least for a day to use Safari as a primary browser & add bookmarks to see if it would work, but the same result. The only ways I end up getting the bookmarks on are to either follow these instructions or to use the method I did prior to using Xmarks & iCloud which was to save an HTML file of the Chrome bookmarks & import them in Safari (which worked fine).
  3. Photo Stream. This is that recent problem I mentioned. Up until a couple of days ago, this worked fine. Took a pic on iPhone, automatically uploaded to Mac/iPhoto, no problems. Saturday though something seemed to have gone wrong as no photos I have taken since then have been uploaded to iPhoto. This happened before (again after a long period of it working fine) & the solution there was to disable/enable Photo Stream & have it download all the photos again.
  4. Contacts pictures. Not sure if this is necessarily iCloud related, but have a feelng it is. All my contact pictures were suddenly gone a day. I use SmartSync to sync my contact's Facebook pictures to use as their pictures. Never had a problem, until recently. Even when I sync them using the app they don't show up if I get a call from that contact. If I check them in iCloud's Contacts though they are there as if nothing happened.

Again, I am hoping that I could get some solutions/suggestions on how to solve these issues with iCloud.

Thanks.

Apple MacBook Pro (Early 2011), Mac OS X (10.7.2)

Posted on Dec 20, 2011 7:45 AM

6 replies

Multiple iCloud issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.