Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Logitech Wireless Headset and Mac Book Pro

I recently purchased a Logitech H600 wireless headset. However I cant get my MBP to recognise the nano receiver. I have managed to get a connection between the MBP and the headset using standard bluetooth however the mic on the headset is not working as an input device. Has anyone any suggestions as to what I can do?

Thanks

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.2)

Posted on Dec 20, 2011 9:22 AM

6 replies

Mar 3, 2012 1:11 AM in response to EphraimJF

I actually resolved the problem and the solution is very strange!!! I discovered that if I used a USB hub and plugged the nano receiver into the hub instead of directly into the laptop it would work. The USB hub I used was just a very basic non powered one so it's not even an issue of the nano receiver not getting enough power from the mac book.

Like I say very strange but it works and I'm happy. But would love an explanation for this from anyone!!!

Mar 28, 2012 12:08 AM in response to Weaver00062

Hello Weaver,

I actually just bought this headset. The headset exposes itself as an A2DP music streaming device when paired to a standard Bluetooth host, but this is an unadvertised feature (There is no Bluetooth logo on this product). Officially, Logitech's dongle exposes itself as a USB Audio Device but actually compresses the audio and sends/receives via A2DP. In this mode, it can do two-way communications but the audio quality sounds much poorer than direct A2DP Bluetooth from the MacBook. But in A2DP mode the microphone doesn't function. It doesn't support mono headset (HFP) profile. Microphone support is only via their proprietary audio mode from the dongle.

So I guess it's just a compromise depending on how you need to operate it. Skype, dongle. Music, direct Bluetooth IMHO.

-LeJon

Logitech Wireless Headset and Mac Book Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.