Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Share Points for specific users

I'm trying to create specific share points for specific users on my Mac mini, running Snow Leopard. I know my way around the Mac Mini's somewhat, but heard this process could be a little more complicated. What I want is, when each user connects to the server, their specific Employee Folder(which I've already created) should be the folder they connect to. Currently we just have a Public sharepoint that everyone connects to. Am I going to have to create individual sharepoints for each user to accomplish this? Also, is there a way to make this same folder the default folder to save documents to? The goal here is to avoid people from saving important data on their local machines, and keep as much information protected on the server as possible. Any advise or direction to some tutorials would be a great help. Thanks.

Posted on Dec 20, 2011 9:50 AM

There are no replies.

Share Points for specific users

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.