Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

External Monitor Loss of signal after sleep in Windows 7

I have a 15" 2010 macbook pro with a 2.8 Ghz core 2 duo processor and 8GB of memory operating under OS 10.7.2. I use bootcamp with Windows 7 for my gaming and a few other puposes. I am also a photograher and wanted a larger monitor so I grabbed a extra TV in the house, a Samsung LN19C350 and hooked it up to my MBP with the Apple mini display port to DVI and then a total technologies DVI to HDMI cable to the Samsung.

Everything works on the Mac side of my MBP. And When I first started to use it on the Windows 7 side it worked. But then I started to have problems. At first I got a black screen on my MBP and a "no signal" on the Samsung. I tried turning stuff off and on, rebooting, unplugging and replugging. Every now and then I would get both back but when it went to sleep or I powered down.... I lost every thing. I updated the Nivdia drivets to the most current. No change. I tried different setting on the control panel and the Nivdia panel. No change.

Then I happened accross one posting about rebooting the computer in Bootcamp/windows 7 without any cables plugged in. Then plug in the miniport adapter, but with out the DVI to HDMI cable. Then plug in that last cable.

Works every time but ..... if it goes to sleep or I shut it down.... I have to repeat the fix.

Its a pain in the butt.

I have ordered the belkin miniport to HDMI cable.... some people say that works.

Some have said that the miniport to VGA always works.... Is this true? Won't the resolution be less than an HDMI cable?

Any other ideas?

15, Mac OS X (10.7.2)

Posted on Dec 20, 2011 10:26 AM

There are no replies.

External Monitor Loss of signal after sleep in Windows 7

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.