Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

missing weekday names

Hi,

iCal is missing the weekday names (Monday, Tues, etc) at the top of the page in week view. I see only the dates (numbers). In month view, the day names do show on the top line; see image below.

I do not see any place where this feaure (bug) can be deliberately changed. This problem may be intermittent, but I can't find the trigger.

I am running lion (10.7.2), iCal version 5.0.1.

User uploaded file

Anyone else have this problem?

Ideas??

thanks

s

Mac OS X (10.7.2)

Posted on Dec 20, 2011 12:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 20, 2011 5:20 PM

Sarah,

Quit iCal, and try removing the com.apple.iCal.plist file from your Macintosh HD/Users/yourusername/Library/Preferences Folder.

To find the user Library, use Finder>Go>Depress the "Option" key>Library>Preferences. Drag the .plist file to your desktop, log out/in or restart and check iCal for functionality.

User uploaded file

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 20, 2011 5:20 PM in response to sarah_calumet

Sarah,

Quit iCal, and try removing the com.apple.iCal.plist file from your Macintosh HD/Users/yourusername/Library/Preferences Folder.

To find the user Library, use Finder>Go>Depress the "Option" key>Library>Preferences. Drag the .plist file to your desktop, log out/in or restart and check iCal for functionality.

User uploaded file

Jan 12, 2012 7:31 AM in response to Ferd II

oops. It's broken again. And very weird this time. Looking ahead, some weeks have days, others don't. Often, but not always, the first week of the month has days and mid-month weeks don't:

1/1-1/7 OK

1/8-1/14 No days listed

1/15-1/21 No days

1/29-2/4 OK

2/12-3/3 No days in any week

3/4-3/10 OK

3/11-3/24 No days in these weeks

4/1-4/7 OK

This is very weird.

Maybe this related to sync issues? I sync with a mac running 10.6 (this one has Lion) and an ipad.

Else???

missing weekday names

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.