Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Saving photos and iCloud question

Ok I have two questions that I would really apppreciate help with.

One - I have about 1,200 pictures on iPhoto and I would like to KEEP them but NOT on my mac. So, how do I do this? Burn to a CD? Is iCloud an option?

Secondly - When I do log into iCloud there is no icon for photos so am I missing something or do I need to active it somehow?

I hope these both make sense and that someone can help with them quickly.

Thanks!

Macbook Pro 13", Mac OS X (10.6.6)

Posted on Dec 20, 2011 3:35 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 20, 2011 3:40 PM

Use an External Hard Disk.

Make sure the drive is formatted Mac OS Extended (Journaled)

1. Quit iPhoto

2. Copy the iPhoto Library from your Pictures Folder to the External Disk.

3. Hold down the option (or alt) key while launching iPhoto. From the resulting menu select 'Choose Library' and navigate to the new location. From that point on this will be the default location of your library.

4. Test the library and when you're sure all is well, trash the one on your internal HD to free up space.

iCloud is not an option.

Regards

TD

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 20, 2011 3:40 PM in response to harbinger7

Use an External Hard Disk.

Make sure the drive is formatted Mac OS Extended (Journaled)

1. Quit iPhoto

2. Copy the iPhoto Library from your Pictures Folder to the External Disk.

3. Hold down the option (or alt) key while launching iPhoto. From the resulting menu select 'Choose Library' and navigate to the new location. From that point on this will be the default location of your library.

4. Test the library and when you're sure all is well, trash the one on your internal HD to free up space.

iCloud is not an option.

Regards

TD

Saving photos and iCloud question

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.