Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Will airport Extreme work with HP Wireless Printer?

I am considering dumping my D-Link router as it drops connectivity to my Mac Book Pro fairly frequently. I have four questions before I order the Airport Extreme.

1. I trust I can password protect my Airport Extreme so I can control who has access to my home network?

2. Will the Airport Extreme work at the same time for my Mac Book Pro and the older PC laptops the kids got from school?

3. Will the Airport Exterem also work with my new HP Photosmart Plus wireless printer?

4. Is there a newer Airport Extreme about to come out? I hate it when I buy stuff not relaizing the 'new' is just a few days or weeks away.

As always, thanks for your input!

😀

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.1)

Posted on Dec 20, 2011 4:00 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 20, 2011 4:03 PM

1. Yes

2. Yes

3. Yes

4. Who knows, Apple virtually never announces new releases in advance!

4 replies

Dec 21, 2011 12:28 AM in response to bubblegun

Regarding Q1, you should definitely password protect your router using WPA/WPA2 security but what I additionally do is restrict the range of DHCP addresses available and limit it to the number of devices I want to allow to connect. So for example I would set the router address to 192.168.0.1 and then allow the following range of DHCP addresses: 192.168.0.2 to 192.168.0.4, as I have only three networkable devices in my home.

Will airport Extreme work with HP Wireless Printer?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.