Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how can I open a dbf file in mac?

Posted on Dec 20, 2011 10:25 PM

4 replies

Dec 20, 2011 11:43 PM in response to Bmendo33

As you have posted in the AppleWorks forum one assumes you have Appleworks: this may be able to import .dbf files (these are dBase II format) - please see this thread:

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/355585?answerId=1705077022#1705077022

If you have Numbers it's possible you may be able to import it there, but only if it's a fairly simple database.

Feb 26, 2014 8:59 AM in response to Bmendo33

Filemaker Pro and Bento also have some DBF support if you want a true database. Same with MySQL and PHPMyAdmin you may look at those solutions as well. The Entropy Swiss website has some cool SQL directions. The key is to export to tab or command delimited data first, if the database doesn't support it by default. I don't know all the limitations myself, I just know their availability.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.