Skip navigation

25k Song Limit & purchases w/multiple Apple IDs

441 Views 5 Replies Latest reply: Dec 22, 2011 11:46 AM by Mike Connelly RSS
milyz Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)
Currently Being Moderated
Dec 21, 2011 12:11 AM

Before I sign up for iTunes Match, I want to double check something. I understand that according to Apple, "iTunes purchases do not count against [the 25,000 song iTunes Match] limit."

I have a pretty big library, and, along the way, I've purchased songs from the iTunes Store using two different iTunes accounts, let's call them Account #1 and Account #2.

If I sign up for iTunes Match using Acount #1, will the songs that I purchased with Account #2 count against the 25,000 limit?

For example, let's say that my library contains the following (I'm just making up numbers here):

50,000 songs purchased from iTunes Store with Account #1

14,999 songs purchased from iTunes Store with Account #2

10,000 songs imported from CDs.

Will iTunes Match say that I have 24,999 songs counting against the limit (Account #2 + CDs), or will it say that I have only 10,000 songs (CDs only) counting against the limit?

From my reading of Apple's iTunes Store Terms & Conditions, I think it will say that I have 24,999 songs counting against the limit, but I'm not a lawyer, so I wanted to know if anyone can confirm how it works.

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.