6 Replies Latest reply: Jan 25, 2012 8:57 AM by josh.f
Scott Nash Level 2 Level 2 (160 points)

iCal crashes about every third time I launch it.  I don't know why it crashes when it does, or why it works when it does.  I have it set as a startup item.  I've trashed the prefs (i don't understand the new lock pref, but I trashed it too just to be safe.)  I've search this forum, but most of the crashing behavior seems to be older systems.  I have Lion and keep it up to date with software update.  I have another computer (a mac mini) seems to work fine.  I'm using iCloud (a lot of the fixes for the older problems involved isync, but I don't know if that is even used with iCloud.)  This has been an issue since I got Lion, but I had other, bigger issues and am just getting to this one.  iCal is a great program, and would love to use it.  Any help or ideas would be appreciated.

Powerbook G4
  • JJSNC Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

I am having the same problem. My hard drive recently crashed and I am now opearting off a backup of my old date. Since the crash and backup, iCal won't open.  Have you received an answer yet on your issue? Where can I redownload a new version of iCal?

• Scott Nash Level 2 Level 2 (160 points)

No.  No answer as of yet.

• Topgunn_Av8or Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

I too am having the issue where iCal crashes on application lunch.  I have found that re-launching iCal several times will eventually get it to work.  However this obviously can't be a fix to the problem.  Just wanted let say that your wern't alone with this issue.

• i-one Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Same issue... except it crashes EVERY time I launch, sometimes twice..!!

iMac 2.8GHz Core i5, 4GB DDR3

Lion OS X 10.7.2

• notes2dk Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Same issue for me as well.  When launching the app, I get a poppup message asking whether to "restore windows" or "don't restore windows".  The only way to successfully launch the app successfully appears to be  selecting the option to "restore windows".

Macbook Pro (2011)

2.2GHz Core i7, 16gb DDR3

Lion OS X 10.7.2

• josh.f Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

I also have this exact problem.  Trashing the preferences file didn't help.  For a couple days I thought I was onto something thinking that it would crash less if Mail wasn't running, but I no longer believe this is the case.

iMac 3.4Ghz Core i7, 8GB DDR3

OS X Lion 10.7.2