Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New SLVR with iSync via USB 1.1 cable

I am trying to get my new Motorola SLVR to transfer phone numbers from my address book using USB 1.1 (I have an old tear-drop mac). When iSync is open, it is not even acknowledging my new phone, even when I do a "scan".

Am I out of luck until I get a newer mac?

It transfers songs just fine.

Thanks,

Phil

iMac G3, Mac OS X (10.3.8)

Posted on Feb 10, 2006 7:43 PM

3 replies

Feb 10, 2006 7:58 PM in response to Community User

The Motorola SLVR L7 is supported now as an iSync device using either a USB or Bluetooth interface, but only with iSync 2.1.1 and OS X 10.4.4 or later.

The short answer, therefore, is that you will have to upgrade your hardware before you can install the software required to support your mobile handset.

If you are looking for a low-cost upgrade path, Apple periodically offers refurbished machines [with full year warranties and current OS packages] at about a 15% or so discount off of retail prices. Currently, a 1.9 GHz iMac G5 17-inch SuperDrive-equipped model with a 160 gigabyte drive is available for $ 1099.00. This package is iSight equipped, and includes FrontRow.

To find deals like this, go to http://store.apple.com and look for the red SAVE tag in the right sidebar.

Jul 24, 2014 4:56 PM in response to Michael Lafferty

Could I buy a USB bluetooth adapter, and transfer files from my Address book or Calendar via Bluetooth?

I am still a little confused as to why I cannot transfer songs using an older iMac. What does a new Mac have that mine doesn't? I have the latest software. Does it have to have USB 2.0?

Thanks again,

Phil

New SLVR with iSync via USB 1.1 cable

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.