Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

just installed a new time capsule and i want to use my airport express to extend my wireless range....time capsule working with existing devices at this time...but i am not able to get airport utility to recognize the airport express.....????

just installed a new time capsule and i want to use my airport express to extend my wireless range....time capsule working with existing devices at this time...but i am not able to get airport utility to recognize the airport express.....????

iPhone 4, iOS 4.1

Posted on Dec 21, 2011 1:35 PM

2 replies

Dec 21, 2011 2:59 PM in response to dalet5

Temporarily connecting your AirPort Express to one of the Time Capsule's Etherent LAN <-> ports...as LaPastenagure suggests....is always a good way to setup and configure other network devices.

If you want to configure the Express using wireless, remember that the Express broadcasts a default wireless signal with a name like Apple Network xxxxxx. You must log on to this network first....no password is required....then open AirPort Utility to "see" the AirPort Express.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.