Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iphone's sound isn't working...help please

This happens every few days. I don't use headphones so I don't think that would be an issue.

What happens is that sometimes my phone's sound stops working. Silent is off, volume is high and still no sound.

Is there something wrong with the phone?

iPhone 3GS

Posted on Dec 21, 2011 1:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 23, 2011 2:56 AM

Hi! I had the same issue on my IPhone4. I talked with AppleCare Support and the advisor suggested me to backup and restore the device with ITunes WITHOUT synchronize any app (I had about 30 apps) and now it's working!!!

Then wait some hours and after try to synchronize 5 app to find which one caused the issue.

Try this way!

I hope I had been helpful!

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 23, 2011 2:56 AM in response to manaal

Hi! I had the same issue on my IPhone4. I talked with AppleCare Support and the advisor suggested me to backup and restore the device with ITunes WITHOUT synchronize any app (I had about 30 apps) and now it's working!!!

Then wait some hours and after try to synchronize 5 app to find which one caused the issue.

Try this way!

I hope I had been helpful!

Apr 9, 2013 9:41 AM in response to MiataMacFan

Yes, I did turn on assistive touch, then touch the little circle in box,then touch device,, and make sure the mute bell has a slash across it, then hit arrow to go back to assistive touch and turn it off. I don't know of any side effects, but it made the ringer sound work. I still have to do this from time to time, but better that buying a new phone.

My iphone's sound isn't working...help please

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.