Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

videos start and stop

watching videos from any sites, news, webcams, apple quick tips, etc-start and stop

Have iMAC, 2.8, 6Mgs Ram

IMAC

Posted on Dec 21, 2011 6:07 PM

15 replies

Dec 22, 2011 6:41 PM in response to 3gone

Also try another browser to see if it is only happening in Safari or not. Maybe try downloading Chrome or Firefox.

Creating a new user on the computer and testing it there will tell us if the issue is isolated to a set of user-specific settings too.

But ethernet cable is your best option at the moment. Does honestly sound like you have a slower connection.

Is this happening on other computers on your network too? Or just yours?

Dec 22, 2011 7:43 PM in response to timfrombrisbane

Will try it on my netbook, but as I rarely use it I will have to charge it overnight to compare. I mainly use the network for my IMAC and my wireless printer. Am thinking of disconnecting the router and running the ethernet cable directly from the modem to the IMAC to see if any difference occurs. Any thoughts about trying this?

Dec 22, 2011 9:44 PM in response to 3gone

3gone wrote:

Any thoughts about my disconnecting the ethernet cable from the router and going directly to the IMAC from the modem to see if this makes any difference? My network services the IMAC, my wireless printer and occasionally my netbook, which I rarely use.

Yes! Good idea. In fact, this is the proper way to troubleshoot this issue - isolate the problem by first taking the wifi router out of the equation completely.

Your current speed is in the broadband spectrum, yet it's at the very bottom. I wouldn't be surprised if you experienced video problems at your current speed - even with your local network working properly.

What type of internet service do you have and who is your provider?

Message was edited by: pianoman1976

Dec 29, 2011 2:14 PM in response to pianoman1976

Well, unfortunately all efforts have been unsuccessful to date. Tried ethernet cable direct from modem, no change. Tried ethernet cable from router to computer. Again, no change. I fear that the problem may in fact be in the speed provided by my internet provider. My provider is a small, privately owned cable company that has exclusive rights to our community. It has been chllenged and we were unsuccessful in our efforts. Only alternative is DSL, which absolutely stinks in this area. My only other option would be to pay what I consider to be an unrealistic increase to obtain faster speed. The speed I have (1.5MPS) is their second tier and the next tier price is a substantial increase. I have tried to bargain with them, since I have a bundle package,but they will not budge, knowing that they have this monopoly. Too bad, as I certainly would enjoy not having these issues.

Many thanks for your help and suggestions. It is greatly appreciated!!!

videos start and stop

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.