Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can my MacBook Pro 13" 2011 (early) upgrade to 16GB?

Hey, i know that my macbook pro 13" 2011 (early) can upgrade to 8GB of RAM, but can it go up to 16GB? there was a website that said they do, but the max. upgrade on the store is 8GB, so tell me, can it upgrade to 16GB? and if not, why can't it? thanks in advance 🙂

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.2), 13" Early 2011 Model

Posted on Dec 22, 2011 3:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 22, 2011 3:33 AM

*Apple officially supports a maximum of 8 GB of RAM, but as firstconfirmed by site sponsor OWC, this model actually is capable of using up to 16 GB of RAM with two 8 GB memory modules.

9 replies

Dec 28, 2011 6:46 AM in response to kannaboom24

Yes, you can. I just updated mine to 16GB, and it's running fine. Price wasn't bad, either. Fry's had a special on Coursair memory for $135 around Christmas. It's up to $169 now, but nothing like the $1500 it was earlier this year! The current version of Safari has a really bad memory leak, so even with this much memory, I'll still have to quit Safari every now and then. But, those times will be further apart now.

Can my MacBook Pro 13" 2011 (early) upgrade to 16GB?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.