Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't Open Downloaded Book

I received an email from new.itunes.com about the new Beatles album, "1" and that studio albums are $9.99 for a limited time. I clicked on "check it out" and it went to the Beatles page in the iTunes store. Showed the new album and all the studio albums. Showed a free book, "Yellow Submarine". I clicked on "free" and it downloaded; took about five minutes. Within my iTunes I clicked on Books. "Yellow Submarine", 317.6 mb, shows listed. I double clicked on the book and nothing happens; it doesn't open.

Any ideas? Thx!

Early 2009 Mac Mini, Mac OS X (10.6.8), G4 Sawtooth; 10.4.11; several upgrades

Posted on Dec 22, 2011 7:33 AM

2 replies

Dec 22, 2011 7:45 AM in response to David Cun

After posting the question, the page came back up ... and added "More like this". I THEN saw a couple similar questions...with the responses that the book can't be opened on a Mac or PC; must be an ipod or ipad or iphone or...whatever. WTH?? Why didn't it say that on the description?! I don't have any of those i-devices. Delete city here I come, I reckon. Totally whack.

Can't Open Downloaded Book

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.